How do you make a digital app controlled tshirt?
Follow SwitchEmbassy on Instagram to get the inside scoop on tshirtOS build and progress.
What makes up a digital tee shirt?
Why would anyone want to wear one? What are the key features and expectations?
While working on tshirtOS for Ballantine's and researching new wearable digital displays, we did a survey of over 150 people to find out the answers.
Click on the images or here to see the results!
HIGHLIGHTS from our conversations from the survey are:
- At first glance most people had expectations of high resolution imagery (1024 +), but were fine with lower resolution if the experience and pitch of the LEDs looked satisfactory.
- Having the ability to add text on the fly was the most desirable feature ask.
- Most people use an Apple mobile device.
- Coloured text and images did not make it to the desirable feature ask. Black and White are satisfactory for the majority.
- Washability is an expected necessity, though customers are open to a removable panel as a washable option.
- Places people want to wear the shirts varied widely from sporting events, to night time runs, to PR events, to electronic music festivals, to general social gatherings.
- The concept of changing the image anytime you want via a mobile application was a highly unexpected surprise. Most thought the image was static.
- The ratio of female and male customers is 60/40, much higher than we anticipated.